If you think you know what positive psychology is, think again! This book offers a new integrative vision for making life better that takes in the body and the brain, culture and society, childhood and development… A must read for students.
Chapter 1: Preparing for the Journey
Preparing for the Journey
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Learning Objectives – At the End of the Chapter You Will Be Able To…
- Take a multidimensional approach to wellbeing
- Use our LIFE model to guide your efforts to promote wellbeing
- Understand and respond to pertinent criticisms of PP
- Conceptualise PP as a form of praxis, and as an applied psychological discipline
- Articulate a motto encapsulating the ‘point’ of PP
- Engage in integrated positive practice!
List of Topics…
- Wilber's Integral Framework
- The LIFE model
- Bronfenbrenner's experimental ecology
- Critiques of PP
- Praxis and applied disciplines
- The mental health–illness circumplex
- PP 2.0/second-wave PP
- Facilitation not prescription
[Page 2]In this first chapter, we are going to lay the groundwork for the book. The metaphor that springs ...