Previous Chapter Chapter 10: Repairing The Harm: Restorative Justice And Environmental Courts
Chapter 10: Repairing The Harm: Restorative Justice And Environmental Courts
By the end of this chapter you should:
- Have an understanding of restorative justice theory and practice and the ways in which restorative justice principles can be applied to environmental harms.
- Understand the potential advantage of restorative justice as a tool for dealing with environmental harms that may fall outside of the criminal law.
- Understand the potential limitations of restorative justice and some of the criticisms of restorative justice as an integral part of justice systems.
- Understand the rationale for environmental courts and their use in dealing with environmental problems.
- Understand the rationale for alternate forms of justice such as ADR and mediation and their applicability in dealing with conflicts related to environmental exploitation.
- Understand ...