Previous Chapter Chapter 8: The Green Movement: Ngos And Environmental Justice Next Chapter
Chapter 8: The Green Movement: Ngos And Environmental Justice
By the end of this chapter you should:
- Have a firm understanding of what is meant by discussions of the green movement and the importance of green NGOs to environmental justice.
- Understand the importance of NGOs and the green movement to effective environmental justice and the development of policy.
- Understand the role of NGOs and necessity of their use as active participants in environmental enforcement.
- Understand the concept of the ‘conservation corporation’; professional environmental organizations with considerable resources to influence policy and practice and determine the environmental enforcement agenda.
- Understand the extent to which ‘extreme’ activism by NGOs might be considered to be a legitimate environmental protection tactic from an ecocentric perspective but is considered ...