Previous Chapter Chapter 7: Climate Change And Environmental Damage Next Chapter
Chapter 7: Climate Change And Environmental Damage
By the end of this chapter you should:
- Understand global warming and climate change as a form of crime and a core issue for green criminology.
- Be able to distinguish between climate change as crime and climate change as a cause of crime.
- Be able to identify climate change as a form of corporate crime and understand the impact of climate change via natural disasters.
- Understand a sociocultural perspective on climate change denial and the reasons why climate change remains a contested topic.
- Understand responses to climate change including the role of the courts and the contrasting perspectives of acceptance and mitigation.
Given this book’s focus on environmental crime as mainly being activities prohibited by law and which constitute offences (whether ...