Previous Chapter Chapter 4: The Future Protection Of Wildlife: Resolving Wildlife Crime And Illegal Wildlife Trafficking Next Chapter
Chapter 4: The Future Protection Of Wildlife: Resolving Wildlife Crime And Illegal Wildlife Trafficking
By the end of this chapter you should:
- Have a firm understanding of what constitutes wildlife crime and the nature of illegal wildlife trafficking.
- Understand the links between the legal and illegal wildlife trades and the extent to which a symbiotic relationship exists with the legal trade facilitating the illegal trade.
- Understand how and why globalization is a factor in the continuing illegal wildlife trade and how global flows of goods, people and services facilitate the trade.
- Understand public policy perspectives on the protection of wildlife and the ongoing conflict between wildlife conservation and continued exploitation of wildlife for human interests.
- Understand the extent to ...