Making a success of your teaching placement is a vital part of achieving Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). With a focus on practical, this book provides essential guidance on how to translate the ‘outstanding’ criteria into practice. The authors break down the OfSTED criteria so that you can identify the skills and knowledge you need to make the most of your placements.
Packed with case studies, practical tasks and links to the (QTS) standards, the book is structured around: Developing professional knowledge; Planning; How to be an outstanding teacher; Classroom management; Teamwork; Assessment; Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This book will help trainees make the difficult jump from ‘good’ to achieving an ‘outstanding’ on their placements.
- Chapter 1: Professional Attributes
- Chapter 2: Professional Knowledge and Understanding
- Chapter 3: Planning for Teaching and Learning
- Chapter 4: Outstanding Teaching
- Chapter 5: Assessment for Learning
- Chapter 6: Team Work
- Chapter 7: Classroom Management
- Chapter 8: Pursuing Your Own Professional Development
- Chapter 9: Organising Your Files
- Chapter 10: Going Beyond the Standards
- Chapter 11: Developing Your Own Professional Identity