- Subject index
This is the definitive introduction to coaching and mentoring, written by an experienced and multidisciplinary team. Taking you all the way through from the emerging theory to informed practice, the book covers: • Skills, purposes and outcomes of coaching and mentoring processes • The many settings in which they take place – public, private and voluntary • Coaching and mentoring’s evidence base and how it is assessed • The professionalization of coaching and mentoring and a move towards integration. Supported by a wide range of case studies, activities, further questions and topics for discussion, this book is a comprehensive but accessible introduction. The authors take a critical approach and go beyond the basics, to support your development as a critically reflective practitioner. It is essential ...
Chapter 14: Coaching and Mentoring and the Future
Coaching and Mentoring and the Future
- Why consider coaching and the future?
- Where have we come from?
- To what extent are we a shared field of endeavour?
- What else is happening that might impact on our field?
- Education as a self-organising system
- How might the future change?
- Power shift eastward
- Global connectivity
- Genetics, Robotics, Internet and Nanotechnology (GRIN) technologies
- The environment
- Asia 2050
- Predicting the future is …
- Agendas for the future
- So, what does the future look like and what is the role of coaching and mentoring in it?
Future, expertise, future threats, GRIN technologies, scenarios
After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify the difference between alternative views of the future
- Distinguish between the implications of those alternatives for our field
- Consider how we might adapt to future scenarios
- Reflect upon ...