- Subject index
This is the definitive introduction to coaching and mentoring, written by an experienced and multidisciplinary team. Taking you all the way through from the emerging theory to informed practice, the book covers: • Skills, purposes and outcomes of coaching and mentoring processes • The many settings in which they take place – public, private and voluntary • Coaching and mentoring’s evidence base and how it is assessed • The professionalization of coaching and mentoring and a move towards integration. Supported by a wide range of case studies, activities, further questions and topics for discussion, this book is a comprehensive but accessible introduction. The authors take a critical approach and go beyond the basics, to support your development as a critically reflective practitioner. It is essential ...
Chapter 13: Research in Coaching and Mentoring
Research in Coaching and Mentoring
- Challenges in coaching and mentoring research
- The landscape of coaching and mentoring research
- Towards an evidence-based profession: Mode 2 research
- Where next for coaching and mentoring research?
Evidence-based research, conceptual research, empirical research, cross-sectional research, longitudinal research, Mode 2 research
After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
- Argue why research is important to coaching and mentoring
- Identify the challenges in coaching and mentoring research
- Describe the landscape of coaching and mentoring research
- Make a case for practitioner-based research
- Speculate on the future of coaching and mentoring research
Despite the rapid growth in coaching and mentoring as helping interventions, it is a paradox that both remain relatively unsupported by robust empirical research. As we shall see in this chapter, while research is ...