Ethnic and Racial Barriers to Healthcare
Ethnic and racial minorities, including African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Native Americans and Alaskan Natives, Asian and Pacific Islanders, and Native Hawaiians, comprise approximately 25% of the United States population. It has been well documented in research ...
- Access to Care
- Access to Healthcare
- Access, Models of
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
- Cultural Competency
- Direct-to-Consumer Advertising (DTCA)
- Ethnic and Racial Barriers to Healthcare
- Geographic Barriers to Healthcare
- Health Communication
- Health Literacy
- Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs)
- Healthcare Web Sites
- Hospital Closures
- Inner-City Healthcare
- Medical Travel
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC)
- Patient Dumping
- Patient Transfers
- Rural Health
- Safety Net
- Accreditation, Associations, Foundations, and Research Organizations
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- American Association of Preferred Provider Organizations (AAPPO)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- American Health Care Association (AHCA)
- American Health Planning Association (AHPA)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- American Society of Health Economics (ASHE)
- America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI)
- International Health Economics Association (IHEA)
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)
- National Association of Health Data Organizations (NAHDO)
- National Association of State Medicaid Directors (NASMD)
- National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL)
- National Citizens' Coalition for Nursing Home Reform (NCCNHR)
- National Coalition on Health Care (NCHC)
- National Commission for Quality Long-Term Care (NCQLTC)
- National Health Policy Forum (NHPF)
- National Medical Association (NMA)
- National Quality Forum (NQF)
- University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC)
- Business Coalitions
- Research Organizations
- Biographies of Current and Past Leaders - Current Leaders
- Current Leaders
- Aday, Lu Ann
- Aiken, Linda H.
- Altman, Drew E.
- Andersen, Ronald M.
- Arrow, Kenneth J.
- Berwick, Donald M.
- Brook, Robert H.
- Chassin, Mark R.
- Clancy, Carolyn M.
- Culyer, Anthony J.
- Davis, Karen
- Drummond, Michael
- Ellwood, Paul M.
- Enthoven, Alain C.
- Evans, Robert G.
- Feder, Judith
- Fuchs, Victor R.
- Ginsburg, Paul B.
- Grossman, Michael
- Kane, Robert L.
- Katz, Sidney
- Lee, Philip R.
- Lomas, Jonathan
- Luft, Harold S.
- Marmor, Theodore R.
- Maynard, Alan
- Mechanic, David
- Naylor, C. David
- Newhouse, Joseph P.
- O'Leary, Dennis S.
- Pauly, Mark V.
- Reinhardt, Uwe E.
- Relman, Arnold S.
- Rice, Dorothy P.
- Roos, Leslie L.
- Roos, Noralou P.
- Rosenbaum, Sara
- Sackett, David L.
- Scott, W. Richard
- Shortell, Stephen M.
- Starfield, Barbara
- Starr, Paul
- Stevens, Rosemary A.
- Tarlov, Alvin R.
- Ware, John E.
- Wennberg, John E.
- White, Kerr L.
- Wilensky, Gail R.
- Past Leaders
- Anderson, Odin W.
- Cochrane, Archibald L.
- Codman, Ernest Amory
- Cohen, Wilbur J.
- Davis, Michael M.
- Donabedian, Avedis
- Eisenberg, John M.
- Farr, William
- Flexner, Abraham
- Ginzberg, Eli
- Kimball, Justin Ford
- McNerney, Walter J.
- Nightingale, Florence
- Roemer, Milton I.
- Rorem, C. Rufus
- Shapiro, Sam
- Sheps, Cecil G.
- Thompson, John Devereaux
- Williams, Alan H.
- Current Leaders
- Cost of Care, Economics, Finance, and Payment Mechanisms
- Administrative Costs
- Charity Care
- Committee on the Costs of Medical Care (CCMC)
- Compensation Differentials
- Cost Containment Strategies
- Cost of Healthcare
- Cost Shifting
- Cost-Benefit and Cost-Effectiveness Analyses
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
- Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)
- Economic Barriers to Healthcare
- Economic Recessions
- Economic Spillover
- Economies of Scale
- Flat-of-the-Curve Medicine
- Health Economics
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Healthcare Markets
- Inflation in Healthcare
- Long-Term Care Costs in the United States
- Market Failure
- Payment Mechanisms
- Prospective Payment
- Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS)
- Supplier-Induced Demand
- U.S. National Health Expenditures
- Uncompensated Healthcare
- Disease, Disability, Health, and Health Behavior
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
- Acute and Chronic Diseases
- Adverse Drug Events
- Chronic-Care Model
- Emerging Diseases
- Health Indicators, Leading
- Iatrogenic Disease
- Infectious Diseases
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD)
- Life Expectancy
- Medical Sociology
- Mental Health
- Mortality, Major Causes in the United States
- Prescription and Generic Drug Use
- Tobacco Use
- Government and International Healthcare Organizations
- International Organizations
- Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR)
- Canadian Health Services Research Foundation (CHSRF)
- Canadian Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR)
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- United Kingdom's National Health Service (NHS)
- United Kingdom's National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- U.S. Government Organizations
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Congressional Budget Office (CBO)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC)
- National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology (NICHSR)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- TRICARE, Military Health System
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- International Organizations
- Health Insurance
- Adverse Selection
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Coinsurance, Copays, and Deductibles
- Consumer-Directed Health Plans (CDHPs)
- Employee Health Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Insurance
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Benefit
- Moral Hazard
- RAND Health Insurance Experiment
- Selective Contracting
- Single-Payer System
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- State-Based Health Insurance Initiatives
- Tax Subsidy of Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance
- Health Professionals and Healthcare Organizations
- Academic Medical Centers
- Allied Health Professionals
- Ambulatory Care
- Case Management
- Community Health Centers (CHCs)
- Community Mental Health Centers (CMHCs)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Dentists and Dental Care
- Disease Management
- Diversity in Healthcare Management
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Eye Care Services
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Free Clinics
- General Practice
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Health Systems Agencies (HSAs)
- Health Workforce
- Healthcare Organization Theory
- Home Health Care
- Hospital Emergency Departments
- Intensive-Care Units
- Intermediate-Care Facilities (ICFs)
- Long-Term Care
- Managed Care
- Medical Group Practice
- Multihospital Healthcare Systems
- Nonprofit Healthcare Organizations
- Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
- Nursing Homes
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Physician Assistants
- Physician Workforce Issues
- Physicians, Osteopathic
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
- Primary Care
- Primary-Care Case Management (PCCM)
- Primary-Care Physicians
- Skilled-Nursing Facilities
- Health Services Research
- Data Sources in Conducting Health Services Research
- Health Services Research at the Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
- Health Services Research in Australia
- Health Services Research in Canada
- Health Services Research in Dentistry and Oral Health
- Health Services Research in Eastern Europe
- Health Services Research in Germany
- Health Services Research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Health Services Research in the People's Republic of China
- Health Services Research in the United Kingdom
- Health Services Research Journals
- Health Services Research, Definition
- Health Services Research, Origins
- Laws, Regulations, and Ethics
- Measurement, Data Sources and Coding, and Research Methods
- Case-Mix Adjustment
- Causal Analysis
- Clinical Decision Support
- Cohort Studies
- Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR)
- Cross-Sectional Studies
- Data Privacy
- Data Security
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)
- Electronic Clinical Records
- Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM)
- General Health Questionnaire
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Health Informatics
- Health Surveys
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP)
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS)
- Healthcare Informatics Research
- Measurement in Health Services Research
- Minimum Data Set (MDS) for Nursing Home Resident Assessment
- National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB)
- ORYX Performance Measurement System
- Provider-Based Research Networks (PBRNs)
- Quality of Well-Being Scale (QWB)
- Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs)
- Satisfaction Surveys
- Severity Adjustment
- Short-Form Health Surveys (SF-36, -12, -8)
- Outcomes of Care
- Policy Issues, Healthcare Reform, and International Comparisons
- Comparing Health Systems
- Competition in Healthcare
- Equity, Efficiency, and Effectiveness in Healthcare
- Focused Factories
- Forces Changing Healthcare
- For-Profit Versus Not-for-Profit Healthcare
- Health Disparities
- Healthcare Reform
- International Health Systems
- National Health Insurance
- National Healthcare Disparities Report (NHDR)
- Public Policy
- Rationing Healthcare
- Technology Assessment
- Public Health
- Quality and Safety of Care
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Continuum of Care
- Geographic Variations in Healthcare
- International Classification for Patient Safety (ICPS)
- Medical Errors
- National Healthcare Quality Report (NHQR)
- National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG)
- Nursing Home Quality
- Patient Safety
- Patient-Centered Care
- Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI) of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
- Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs)
- Quality Indicators
- Quality Management
- Quality of Healthcare
- Quality of Life, Health-Related (HRQOL)
- Quality-Adjusted Life Years (QALYs)
- Structure-Process-Outcome Quality Measures
- Timeliness of Healthcare
- Special and Vulnerable Groups