Struggling with the intricacies of Solution-Focused theory, skills or practice? Wanting to learn more about providing brief, practically-based solution-focused interventions across many therapeutic settings? As part of the popular Brief Therapies Series, this long awaited third edition will tell you all you need to know about Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) and more!
This popular introduction takes you step-by-step through the counselling process, providing insight into how to structure and manage your therapeutic work in ways that are grounded in Solution-Focused principles.
This book includes: - a detailed introduction to the theory and practice of ‘brief’ therapy; - a discussion of the foundations of SFT; - exercises to use with clients and/or trainees; - brand new case examples relating theory directly to practice; - an insightful reflection on the journey of the practitioner
From leading Solution-Focused expert Bill O'Connell, this book will not only provide practical guidelines and theoretical background for the beginner but support and inspiration for the more experienced.
Bill O'Connell is Director of Training for Focus on Solutions Limited in Birmingham. He was previously Head of the Counselling Department at Westhill College of Higher Education, Birmingham, and is co-editor of Handbook of Solution-Focused Therapy (SAGE, 2003).
- Chapter 1: Brief Therapy
- Chapter 2: Foundations of SFT
- Chapter 3: Overview of the Model
- Chapter 4: The First Session
- Chapter 5: The Second Session and Beyond: Keeping the Focus on Solutions
- Chapter 6: The SF Journey
- Chapter 7: SF Supervision
- Chapter 8: Frequently Asked Questions About SFT
- Chapter 9: An Integrative SF Approach
- Chapter 10: Tips and Exercises for Using the SF Approach