SAGE Business Cases Music Marketing
In 2019, SAGE Business Cases will be launching Music Marketing, a new teaching case series within SAGE Business Cases. This series is edited by:
- David Allan, Professor of Marketing, the Erivan K. Haub School of Business
David Allan, Professor of Marketing, the Erivan K. Haub School of Business.
David Allan, Ph.D is Professor of Marketing. He is a 1981 graduate of The American University with a BA in Communications, a 1999 graduate of Saint Joseph's University with an MBA in Marketing, and a 2004 graduate of Temple University with a Ph.D. in Mass Media & Communication. He presents the popular music and marketing website www.marketingmusicology.com. He teaches Music Marketing (Audio Branding), Business of Recorded Music, Integrated Marketing Communications, and Marketing Strategy. He is the co-director of the Music Industry Minor program and the faculty advisor for 1851 Records and Entertainment, Radio 1851, and the American Marketing Association. He is the Founder and President of Dave Allan Media and Marketing (DAMM) - a full service programming and marketing consulting firm which counts among its clients OTG, Greater Media and Viacom. Dr. Allan brings to his academic and consulting work the resources that are earned from an extraordinary twenty year plus career in radio broadcasting that started as a DJ and ended as a GM for companies including Clear Channel (iHeartMedia), AMFM, Chancellor and Evergreen Media. Allan has published been in such journals as the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Business Research, and Journal of Advertising Research. Allan has also been featured in numerous media outlets including Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Philadelphia Inquirer, Washington Post and Billboard Magazine. His series vision for Music Marketing: “to create case studies that sing theoretically and practically”
Call for Papers
Partner with SAGE to develop your MUSIC MARKETING teaching case.
For further details on submissions, Click here
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching notes
- A thorough editorial process, working to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Freedom to include your students in the case research and writing process
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for ease of use in your classroom
- Payment when your case is published
- An international audience for your work
Have you written a case that you currently use in your classroom? Do you have an idea or a rough draft of a case? Bring it to SAGE and we’ll work with you to develop your idea and ready it for the global classroom.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Rolling
- We look for cases between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Please include discussion questions and teaching notes.
- Guidelines and templates may be found here
- Manuscripts are accepted through our ScholarOne portal
- Authors receive decisions within 6-8 weeks of submission.
For questions and sample cases, contact: Rebecca Frankel, Associate Editor, email@example.com