SAGE Business Cases Family Business Series
In 2018, SAGE Business Cases launched Family Business, a new teaching case series within SAGE Business Cases. This series launched with 16 cases and teaching notes and will continue to grow. This rich and interdisciplinary series is edited by:
- Marleen Dieleman, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Strategy and Family Business at NUS Business School at the National University of Singapore
Marleen Dieleman, Ph.D., National University of Singapore.
“Family businesses are an important source of dynamism in most economies, usually with an entrepreneurial attitude and a passion for the business,” says Dr. Dieleman. “But family firms also face unique challenges related to the combination of family and business, including succession, professionalization
SAGE has received great interest since the original call for submissions and our editorial team is working with a number of authors to develop cases that will publish over the next year. Titles from our initial collection:
The cases in this series span countries and cultures and highlight the varied challenges faced by family businesses across a range of different contexts. These cases will provide students and faculty with up-to-the-minute impactful cases that truly work to prepare tomorrow’s business leaders.
Marleen Dieleman, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Strategy and Family Business at NUS Business School at the National University of Singapore.
Dr. Dieleman’s research focuses on the strategy and governance of Asian family business groups. She has published widely, including academic articles, books, chapters, and cases. Her work has often been quoted in international media, such as Financial Times, and she is a frequent keynote speaker and workshop leader.
Dieleman teaches strategy and family business in BBA, MBA, and executive education programs. Marleen won the Outstanding Educator Award and the NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award three times in a row and was placed on the NUS honor roll for sustained teaching excellence for 2017-2022.
Dr. Dieleman enjoys interacting with business owners and corporate
Call for Papers
Partner with SAGE to develop your FAMILY BUSINESS teaching case. For further details on submissions,Click here
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching note (case= 1,000-5,000 words)
- A thorough editorial process to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for
easeuse in your classroom
- Payment when your case is published
- An international audience for your work, supported by the global sales force at SAGE
Have you ever gone searching for a suitable case in
- Innovation in family businesses
- Internationalization of family businesses
- Family business exit
- Family firm constitutions
- Family trusts, foundations, and family offices
- Strategic entrepreneurship in family businesses
- Socioemotional wealth in family firms
- Succession and professionalization
- Outside CEOs in family businesses
- Minority shareholder rights in family firms
- Values, culture
andidentity in familybusiness
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Alliances and Joint Ventures
- Transformation of the family business
- Wealth management in business families
- Conflict in business families
The topics above are merely an illustration. We encourage authors to consider issues outside of succession in family firms and to explore topics related to family business from various industries, geographical areas and diverse business subdisciplines. We are also welcoming teaching cases that explore not only successful enterprises, but also those that provide opportunities to learn from failures.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: July 19, 2019 (for January 2020 publication)
For Questions, Sample Cases and Author Guidelines contact SAGE Business Cases editorial Rachel Taliaferro (email@example.com)