- International Organization
- International Organizations
United Nations: Related Organization
International Atomic Energy Agency
Established: By statute signed in New York, United States, October 26, 1956, effective July 29, 1957. A working relationship with the United Nations was approved by the General Assembly on November 14, 1957.
Purpose: To “seek to accelerate and enlarge the contribution of atomic energy to peace, health and prosperity throughout the world” and to ensure that such assistance “is not used in such a way as to further any military purposes.”
Headquarters: Vienna, Austria.
Principal Organs: General Conference (all members), Board of Governors (35 members), Secretariat.
Web site: www.iaea.org
Director General: Yukiya Amano (Japan).
Membership (151): See Appendix C.
Official Languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish. All are also working languages.
Origin and development. In a 1953 address before the UN General Assembly, U.S. president Dwight ...
- African Union (AU)
- Arab League
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Council of Europe
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
- Group of Eight
- Group of Twenty
- International Criminal Court (ICC)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Non-Aligned Movement
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Pacific Islands Forum (PIF)
- Regional Development Banks
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- Southern Cone Common Market (Mercosur/Mercosul)
- The Commonwealth
- The European Union (EU)
- United Nations (UN)
- United Nations: Related Organization
- United Nations: Specialized Agencies
- Western European Union (WEU)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)