Previous Chapter Chapter 2: Assassinating bin Laden: Right or Wrong? Next Chapter
Chapter 2: Assassinating bin Laden: Right or Wrong?
Before You Begin
- What are some benefits of targeted killings as a tool of foreign policy? What are some drawbacks?
- Are targeted killings permitted under the U.S. Constitution?
- What are some key events during the rise of al Qaeda?
- How did U.S. foreign policy deal with bin Laden and terrorism pre- and post-9/11?
- How was the raid to kill bin Laden carried out?
- What are some key foreign policy concerns arising from the killing of bin Laden?
The Obama administration has followed the previous policy of George W. Bush in utilizing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), commonly called “drones,” for achieving its counterinsurgency goals. These include surveillance and targeting and killing suspected terrorists and militants in various parts of the world. The ...