Previous Chapter Chapter 9: Chen Guangcheng: The Case of the Blind Dissident and US-China Relations Next Chapter
Chapter 9: Chen Guangcheng: The Case of the Blind Dissident and US-China Relations
Before You Begin
- Why did one individual, Chen Guangcheng, have such an impact on US-China relations?
- Why was Chen an important figure in China?
- How did the negotiations about Chen unfold?
- What were the possible outcomes of the negotiations?
- How much of the outcome of this case was based on circumstances and coincidence (e.g., Secretary of State Hillary Clinton happened to be in China at that time)?
- In what ways might the story of Chen Guangcheng change China's human rights policy?
The story of the escape of forty-year-old blind human rights activist Chen Guangcheng from house arrest in a remote village in China, ending with his flight to and resettlement ...