- Subject index
"This guide will serve well as a handbook for undergraduate psychology students working on senior projects or theses. Clear, concise, and well organized, the book instructs the student from the beginning of the project to the final draft and offers advice both specific and general."—J. Bailey, CHOICEAnxious about your final year Psychology Project? Having trouble getting started? Your Psychology Project: The Essential Guide for Success clearly maps out all the requirements of a project in psychology. Acting as a definitive survival manual it guides students through every aspect of a psychology project from conception of an idea, to writing up the final draft. It will help students think through the whole research process by bridging the relationship between the research question, the design, and the use of statistical and qualitative analyses. By using clear practical examples this book provides an invaluable insight into applying theory to practice and will equip students with the knowledge, skills and abilty to carry out and write up their thesis project. Written in a clear and engaging manner Your Psychology Project: The Essential Guide for Success should be essential reading for all students undertaking a psychology research project.
Chapter 10: Sourcing Materials and Measures for Psychological Research
Sourcing Materials and Measures for Psychological Research
On reading this chapter you should:
- be aware of the major sources for both published and non-published psychological tests and measures, which are of potential use for your project;
- be aware of the sources for psychological equipment for your project;
- understand the ethical issues involved in using tests and measures for your psychology project;
- be able to evaluate potential tests and measures for your project, by assessing the reliability and validity claims made by them; and
- have a practical understanding of the different types of reliability and validity, and how they can affect your project.
Students often have difficulty with the practical task of actually sourcing materials, measures and equipment for their undergraduate project. Due to the magnitude ...