Previous Chapter Session 2: Sharing Next Chapter
- To consolidate the previous session's work on showing an interest in others.
- To explore how sharing is important for friendship.
- To give children the opportunity to share in the session.
- To explore selflessness as opposed to selfishness.
Materials and Preparation
- Flipchart and pens. (For use in ‘I sit in the woods’ and ‘Fives’ and ‘Times when we don't want to share’.)
- Small cakes in pairs. (One cake per child.) These paired cakes are quite easy to acquire. One leading small cake manufacturer does a range. If it's not possible to get hold of these, use wrapped biscuits. (For use in ‘Cakes’.)
- If appropriate (depending on the level of hearing of the children) a CD or tape of ‘upbeat’ music and a CD or tape player. (For use in ‘Cakes’.)
Introductory Name Game