Previous Chapter Session 1: Identifying Needs Next Chapter
Session 1: Identifying Needs
- To give the children an opportunity to explore the meaning of the word ‘need’ and how this relates to their lives in general.
- To start to explore how the children feel about being in a (mainstream) classroom.
- To start to express any difficulties they find about being in this environment.
- For the game ‘Something I need …’ use ‘Something I need’ from the CD-ROM. You will need at least enough for one small card each. Cut up.
- Flipchart and pens (for use in ‘Group discussion’).
- Blown up balloon (for ‘Pass a balloon around’).
Ask the children to seat themselves in a circle around a table. Spread the flashcards out while standing. Tell the children that they are going to choose one ...