Previous Chapter Session 4: Using Positive Self-Talk Next Chapter
Session 4: Using Positive Self-Talk
- To begin to demonstrate how positive ‘self-talk’ affects the way we think and behave.
- To further encourage the children to help each other feel positive by expressing each other's strengths.
- To demonstrate the uniqueness of each person in the group.
- Pieces of paper for each child. The paper should be large enough to draw their hands on. (For ‘Handprints’)
- Pens or pencils for each child. (For ‘Handprints’)
- An orange for every child (or potato). (For ‘Oranges’.)
Have the children sit in a circle. This game builds further on last session's name game by encouraging the children to think about achievements that contribute to them having a positive image of themselves. Tell the children that you would like ...