Previous Chapter Session 3: Turning Negatives into Positives Next Chapter
Session 3: Turning Negatives into Positives
- To begin to turn ‘negative self-talk’ into ‘positive self-talk’.
- To promote the skill of ‘positive self-talk’.
- To explore the effect that ‘positive self-talk’ has on our mood and on our bodies.
- To further encourage the children to help each other feel positive by expressing each other's strengths.
- Flipchart sheet from Session 2 listing stages of Jake's day (for ‘My Favourite Part of the School Day’).
- ‘Role on the wall’ sheet from Session 1 (for ‘Role on the wall revisited’).
- Flipchart sheets and pens (for ‘Role on the Wall revisited’).
- Camera (optional) (for use with ‘Self-talk statues’).
- Two large baked bean or coffee tins (for ‘Pass the Cans’).
Have the children sit round in a circle. Refer them ...