Previous Chapter Session 2: A Day in Jake's Life Next Chapter
Session 2: A Day in Jake's Life
- To start to explore problems of the day associated with having a poor self-image, through the character of Jake.
- To give the children further opportunities to identify with Jake and so to explore their own feelings.
- To further encourage the children to help each other feel positive by expressing each other's strengths.
- On a flipchart write up different stages of the school day for Jake as a list, for example Jake arrives at school, a literacy lesson, playtime, an art lesson, lunchtime, going home time. (For use in ‘A day in the life of Jake’.)
- A set of small cards for the game ‘Wink murder’ (from the CD-Rom). Cut enough for one card for each child (and staff).
- Camera. ...