Previous Chapter Session 4: Practising Alternatives Next Chapter
Session 4: Practising Alternatives
- To explore strategies for dealing with anger.
- To introduce the idea that one can think before acting.
- To introduce the idea that alternative choices can be made in difficult situations.
- To practise these alternatives.
- Flipchart and pens (for ‘Ifeel calm when …’ and ‘Thinking and choosing’)
- Use ‘Thinking and choosing’ from the CD-ROM. Make enough copies for one for each pair minus one because one pair will be acting the scene out and will not need a sheet.
Get the children to sit in a circle. Ask them to think about things that make them feel calm. This time tell the children that they can have their go in any order (because some children may need more thinking time than others). ...