Previous Chapter Session 2: Conflict Escalation Next Chapter
Session 2: Conflict Escalation
- To consolidate the work on feelings engendered by bad experiences in friendship.
- To consolidate the idea of saying/signing positive things to each other.
- To explore the way in which conflict escalates.
- To explore the growth of anger.
- To explore the difference between mistakes and planned behaviour.
- A4 paper cut into two vertical strips. Fold each strip into six, like a concertina. This is going to be a ‘consequence concertina’. Prepare enough for one per pair, plus one more for demonstration purposes. Write a scenario which might set off a friendship breakdown on the top section of the demonstration strip. Examples can be found under the heading ‘Consequence concertina scenarios’ at the end of this session or use the ideas from the children's ‘Causes of friendship ...