- To demonstrate the importance of personalisation in examining the Holocaust
- To outline why teaching the Holocaust is a controversial issue, highlighting parents with alternative views/beliefs systems and attitudes to the consensus in society
- To confirm student entitlement to express an alternative/abhorrent opinion from that of the teacher and the link with teacher confidence
- To provide insight into teaching the Holocaust to students with additional support needs
- To outline strategies for teaching the Holocaust to Muslim students, taking into account possible conflicting narratives
- To highlight good practice for interdisciplinary learning in the secondary school
There is little debate about the Holocaust per se or indeed whether it should be taught at some stage to school students. Whilst there are some who think it should ...