Chapter 1: Introduction Next Chapter
Chapter 1: Introduction
The aim of this book is to provide a guide to the general study skills needed in Higher Education and then apply these to the subject area of Criminology. It is not the intention here to provide an in-depth discussion of criminological debates, theoretical concerns or criminal justice policy, but simply to provide some examples and direct you to other literature that develops the debates more fully. The main skills identified here are to do with:
- researching the topic and data collection
- presenting the data for assessment purposes
- using resources effectively
- learning to reference correctly
- examination techniques
- developing transferable skills
- the transition from education to work
- ensuring that you get the most out of your degree and the experience of university.
The book seeks to demystify the world of Higher Education and so ...