- Subject index
The Second Edition of Preventing and Reducing Juvenile Delinquency: A Comprehensive Framework aims to inform students about the latest research and the most promising and effective programs and provides a wealth of information for understanding, preventing and controlling juvenile delinquency. Key Features
- Examines the history of current juvenile justice system policies and practices, including the juvenile violence “epidemic”
- Discusses key myths about juvenile violence and the ability of the juvenile justice system to handle modern-day juvenile delinquents
- Applies developmental theories of juvenile delinquency to understanding how juvenile offender careers evolve
- Reviews effective prevention and rehabilitation programs and what does not work
- Presents a comprehensive framework for building a continuum of effective programs
Intended Audience: This is an ideal supplementary text for undergraduate and graduate courses in juvenile delinquency, juvenile justice, and ...
Part III: Programmatic and Policy Responses to Juvenile Delinquency
This section provides current research on what works and what doesn't in preventing and reducing juvenile delinquency. The chapters in Part III address this comprehensive topic from four perspectives. Chapter 8 presents principles and characteristics of best practice programs. It lays the foundation for the more specific examination of effective programs that follows. Chapter 9 describes effective prevention and rehabilitation programs. The chapter draws on systematic reviews and meta-analyses to identify the specific services that are likely to be most effective. Chapter 10 illustrates a comprehensive strategy framework that can help organize evidence-based programs in a continuum for greater impact. Two chapters address ineffective programs and strategies. Chapter 11 broadly covers what ...