Previous Chapter Chapter 8: Creativity as Performance: The Myth of Creative Capital Next Chapter
Chapter 8: Creativity as Performance: The Myth of Creative Capital
- Artists should get paid like everybody else, right?
- Creative industries?
- The problem with music today
- The ‘Love Manifesto'
- The emperors new sword revisited
- The shift ‘back’ from recording to performance
- The declining value of investment
- The production function
- The manufacture of physical product
- Distribution and sales
- The promoter function
- Publishing rights and the management of wider rights
- Creativity as embodiment and performance?
As discussed in Chapters 4 and 5, intellectual property rights law developed differently in different countries but draws upon a common repertoire of ideas concerning the defence of creativity; in particular in the realm of the arts this has taken the form of claims about the Romantic genius. This defence of property rights on the basis ...