- Music and the network society
- Reflexive epistemological diversity
- Theories of the network society
- An essential outline of this book
- Versus ‘the winner loses’ theories of closure
- Attention to the open character of ongoing conflicts
- Capitalist glasnost and perestroika?
- The future is not what it used to be!
This book is about file-sharing and the impact of digital media on the music industry. As this book has made clear, digital media have been taken up and their affordances applied within the musical field in such a way as fundamentally to challenge existing business models and enable new and alternative business models to thrive. As such, the music industry has been radically reconfigured in the context of the so-called network society. However, it is not enough simply to say that ...