Previous Chapter Chapter 9: Improving Leading Through Reflection
Chapter 9: Improving Leading Through Reflection
- Consider the meaning and value of reflecting on practice.
- Discuss opportunities to reflect both alone and with others.
- Undertake reflection on practice.
- Identify the use of reflection within the role of the leader.
- Consider the dangers of reflection.[Page 126]
This chapter is about using reflection to enhance your leadership skills. We hope that you will find some of the ideas familiar, but others may well be new to you. If you already use reflection to consider your practice you will know how useful it can be, and how it can lead to changes which will benefit yourself, as well as the children and families and other staff. We see reflection as a vital element of ...