- Identify the role of the key person in supporting children’s emotional development.
- Consider the key person role from the point of view of the child and the family.
- Discuss the need for emotional resilience in the key person.
- Recognise the importance of leadership within the key person role.
- Consider the skill of communication as part of the key person role.[Page 54]
This chapter is about the importance of strong relationships with children and their families. Its focus rests on the role of the key person, and how that role can be enacted through leadership in a way that promotes positive relationships for children, families and members of staff. The significance of the role in the social and ...