The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
Key Concepts in Public Relations:
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use overview to the field
- Covers over 150 central concepts in PR
- Paves the way for students to tackle primary texts
- Grounds students in both practice and theory
- Takes it further with recommended reading
NIBs (News in Brief)
NIBs or news in brief, is a digest used in both print and broadcast. It does exactly what it says; provides a summary of stories lower down the news running order, which by definition do not merit a significant place of their own. An accomplished sub-editor can get a NIB down to one paragraph of copy or a 15-second soundbite. Cynics in the public relations industry say the NIB is the equivalent of circular file 13 – the bin, the destination of badly written press releases rescued by a news editor in desperate need of fillers.