- Subject index
This accessible book is an essential companion for students on an initial teacher training course. The book guides the reader through the new QTS standards required to teach, and includes coverage of recent legislation such as Every Child Matters. This user-friendly guide includes group exercises and key reading to help give students the confident start they need in the classroom. There is also an accompanying website for the book which includes effective lesson plans.
Chapter 11: Approaches to Teaching and Learning 2: Planning, Progression and Sequence
Approaches to Teaching and Learning 2: Planning, Progression and Sequence
- Plan for progression across the age and ability range for which they are trained, designing effective learning sequences within lessons and across series of lessons and demonstrating secure subject/curriculum knowledge.
- Teach lessons and sequences of lessons across the age and ability range for which they are trained in which they:
- use a range of teaching strategies and resources, including e-learning, taking practical account of diversity and promoting equality and inclusion;
- build on prior knowledge, develop concepts and processes, enable learners to apply new knowledge, understanding and skills and meet learning objectives;
- adapt their language to suit the learners they teach, introducing new ideas and ...