- Subject index
Family Communication: Nurturing and Control in a Changing World thoroughly reviews the traditional family communication theories of roles theory, family systems theory, and rules theory in an engaging, non-traditional way. This book uniquely organizes the study of family communication around the concepts of nurturing and control in all family relationships, across all family forms, and their relationships to psychological processes and communicative outcomes in families.
Chapter 4: Forming the New Family Pairing: Two Become One
Forming the New Family Pairing: Two Become One
- Social-Psychological Bases of Attraction
- Factors Relevant to Relationship Initiation, Communication, and Development
- Factors Related to Mate Selection, Communication, and Relationship Development
- Communication Theories and Models of Relationship Development
- Psychoanalytic Bases of Attraction
- Relational Stages of Development
- Key Terms
- Questions for Application
[Page 84]No doubt, many of you will be thinking of developing your own family either now or at some point in the future. If you are a traditional student, you ...