- Subject index
Family Communication: Nurturing and Control in a Changing World thoroughly reviews the traditional family communication theories of roles theory, family systems theory, and rules theory in an engaging, non-traditional way. This book uniquely organizes the study of family communication around the concepts of nurturing and control in all family relationships, across all family forms, and their relationships to psychological processes and communicative outcomes in families.
Chapter 10: Family Communication: Providing Nurturing and Control in a Changing World
Family Communication: Providing Nurturing and Control in a Changing World
- What We Have Learned
- The Current Configuration of Families: Nurturing and Controlling Communication
- Improving Family Communication
- How You Think is What you Feel: Or Perception is Reality
- The Role of Perceptions in the Successful Development of the Family
- The Role of Perceptions in Parent-Child Communication
- The Role of Perceptions in Destructive Communication Patterns
- How You Communicate is What You Get: Or the Golden Rule of Communication
- Key Terms
- Questions for Application
What We Have Learned
Almost all of us want to know how to “do” family communication now and in the future so that we may have the most satisfying family lives and communicative experiences. Many of us come from family situations that were highly satisfying, and ...