By reading this chapter, you will have:
- Developed an understanding of the writing process
- Considered tools and techniques for teaching compositional and transcriptional elements of writing more creatively
- Developed an understanding of the purposes of whole-class and guided writing
- Considered the power and impact of working in-role and writing in-role
- The transcription and composition elements of all year group/age phase sections of the English subject section.
- Each year group/phase overview focuses a lot on transcription (especially pp. 18 and 25).
Supplemented specifically for Lower Key Stage 2 (p. 33), where there is an added focus on developing competence and effectiveness and recognising the differences between written and spoken language. Upper Key Stage 2 summary (p. 45) states an understanding ...