Previous Chapter Chapter 4: Positive Reinforcement Contingencies Next Chapter
Chapter 4: Positive Reinforcement Contingencies
Lenora frequently invites her friends for coffee in the morning, but she rarely gives her children breakfast. Lenora can increase the rate of giving her children breakfast if inviting her friends over is made contingent on her making breakfast for her children.
After completing this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Give an example of a positive reinforcement contingency.
- Compare self-control reinforcement contingencies with accidental reinforcement contingencies.
- Define and give an example of the Premack Principle.
- Compare resistance to extinction for a response maintained on a continuous schedule of reinforcement versus an intermittent schedule of reinforcement.
- Describe how to schedule the delivery of reinforcement to maintain a response after it has been established, given a case example.
In the preceding ...