Previous Chapter Chapter 1: History and Evolution Next Chapter
Chapter 1: History and Evolution
All things prepare the event. Watch.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to define the following terms and provide the information requested in the study guide below.
|Human behavior||Operant conditioning|
|Determinism||Applied behavior analysis|
|Conditioned response||Explanation (cause versus|
- Provide a historical summary of the scientific activity that led to what we now know as the applied analysis of behavior.
- Summarize the philosophical perspectives that provide foundations for scientific activity.
- List and describe some of the main features of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- List some of the arguments for multiple research method compatibility.[Page 4]
- Describe some of the myths about behavior analysis that have been popularized.
- List and describe some of the reasons for the ...