Previous Chapter Chapter 5: Applying Research Methods Next Chapter
Chapter 5: Applying Research Methods
In this chapter we deal with the various principles and processes that need to be applied in using the research methods described in the previous chapter. Therefore the following issues are considered:
- Piloting or trialling your selected research instrument(s)
- Deciding upon the sample for their use
- Using triangulation and ensuring validity and reliability
- Following the appropriate ethical procedures in research
- The use of specific research literature
- Setting out the Methodology section of your project or dissertation.
Whichever form of research instrument you have selected as the most appropriate for your specific topic, it is crucial that you ensure that in its final form, it is as focused and accurate as possible for its purpose, that of giving you the data you need. Any errors ...