Previous Chapter Chapter 12: The Politics of Climate Change: Will the US Act to Prevent Calamity? Next Chapter
Chapter 12: The Politics of Climate Change: Will the US Act to Prevent Calamity?
Before You Begin
- What is the American national interest regarding climate change? How do leaders balance economic concerns against environmental issues?
- Which organizations, coalitions, and leaders most influence climate change policy in the United States? What interests do they pursue?
- What role do cities and states play in shaping American policy on climate change?
- Will the United States likely play a pivotal role in ongoing international negotiations about climate change?
- Is the United States likely to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions without a formal new climate treaty? What policy processes might lead to a reduction in emissions?
The scientific evidence linking carbon ...